Burning My Candle at Both Ends

Arrived in El Paso at midnight and after landing I went to the pharmacy to pick up my allergy pills at the 24 hour pharmacy. I reached my parents house after 1:00 a.m. but couldn’t go to sleep right away. Instead I unpacked and took my laptop out of my bag and discovered it wasn’t charged and wouldn’t turn on. I lay in bed but couldn’t sleep and I finally dozed off and awoke at 9:00 am Wednesday morning.

I overheard Mom talking to her friend on the baby monitor. She said she would tell me as soon as she saw me…I knew something was wrong. I entered the kitchen and my day started when Mom told me her friend’s phone wasn’t working.

Help!  I’m burning my candle at both ends!  I just came back from a one day birthday trip to Las Vegas to celebrate my birthday with my husband.  I woke up at 9:00  after landing at midnight in El Paso, Texas to resume my  role as caregiver for my parents.  My chaotic day started at 10:00 with Mom’s friend who is 94. 

MacBook Air M1 fix 6:10 appointment!  How did I fit all this in today!?  I went to Moms friend, who is 94 and lives alone, to help with static on phone (called AT&T), rushed home to get Mom and her caregiver, hair appointment for Mom and me, picked up Dad who stayed home with his caregiver(whom I called minutes before our appointment to Dad-sit), Walmart pick up for toner (printer), Casa Medical for Dad’s gait belt,  Humble Donut shop (treat for Mom), drop parents and Mom’s caregiver at the house, grocery run for Moms friend and the parents,  drop groceries off, and drive 15 miles to the Apple Store!  I am no longer retired!  I am a caregiver❤️  I need to blow out this candle!

Share Chat For Caregivers

About desertturle

Anita Henson aka Winnie. A retired teacher, and caregiver for my loving parents, wife, and mother. Married to Greg "Tex" Henson.
This entry was posted in personal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.